Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Dogsledding Camp 6/06/2007







The weather today turned out to be much less desirable then previous but a good day anyways. We all kinda split up to do our own things this morning. Me , Jake and Alex spent the morning at the local bookstores as reading seems to be one of the best evening pasttimes. I then broke off from the boys for a quiet read at Paradise Bakery, where I had the most AMAZING pastry I have ever had; delicious crust, almond paste and berries. At 11:30 AM me and Jake met at the docks to go on a scheduled tour to a summer dog sledding camp. After being left behind at the docks and having one of the top guys of probably the biggest tour operater in Juneau drive us to meet the bus we made it up the dirt roads to the camp. There we got to meet a 4 time Iditarod Race musher who finished 29th out of 83 last year and 120 sled dogs of all ages and experience. We got a tour of the facilities and pulled by the dogs on a make shift land sled. Jake inquired the whole time about getting a summer job with the dogs as soon as he graduates. I am looking forward to our first ferry ride and arriving in Skagway tomorrow!

No comments: