Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I came here to find wildlife....

When I first decided to come to Alaska I wanted to see wildlife(bears, eagles, huskies, whales) I figured the chances of seeing any of them was slim-to-none. the first day I found 2 huskies being walked down the street, well that's the first on the list, we went on hiking the Mendenhall Glacier and there we hiked about 13 miles and would have kept going but there were 2 cubs and a mother bear around the corner, we didn't see them but they were there. day 2 went out hiking again and the first thing I see is an eagle flying high, about 100 yards up the road we noticed something in the woods something many people dint get to see, a black bear sleeping at the trunk of a tree. day 3 we went to Auke Bay and 10 feet in front of me stand an eagle, beautiful animal, about 45 min later in the horizon I spotted a black hump, hump back whale then all the sudden 3 harbor seals pop there heads out and start swimming around playing with the sea gals. 3 days in Alaska and I've seen more wild life in their natural habitat than many people see in a life time... tomorrow its off to the sled dog camp...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blogsite and great comments! Love you Jen and, to all of you, have a wonderful time and stay safe.
Dad (Jen's Dad)

PS: I thought you identified an imature bald eagle by the fact it layed on the couch all day, watched TV and wouldn't get a job.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, et al! And thanks to Jen's Dad for sharing the blog...this is awesome! I am so jealous (wish I was there), but loving all the pics and stories! Keep 'em coming! Stay safe and have a blast.

Julia (Jen's aunt)