
Day 3 in Skagway! We had our first ferry ride from Juneau to Skagway on Thursday evening. It was much more then expected; the interior was prestine with comfortable chairs and tables. While leaving the Juneau Bay we saw two different humpback whales breeching the water; I cant wait to get even closer! Once in skagway we got settled in our home hostel. We are staying at someones house; they have about 10 bunks set up in a detached room in the backyard. Everything in town is extremely convenient as the town is only about 10 blocks long and completely flat. On Friday we all completely exhausted ourselves biking over probably 15 miles and walking another 3. It was a challenge and well worth it even though we were out all day with no lunch packed. Today, me Leigh and Kelly boarded the White Pass and Yukon Railroad. The views from the mountain and on top of the summit were amazing. Well we are getting kicked off the computers at the cafe so I will update as soon as possible. Hopefully by the I will have seen a bear up close. :)
3 comments:
Hey Kelly,
Another fantstic write up. How about setting up a trip for the over 50 crowd? I'll even become an honory HP College repersentative. I have definately caught the Alaska bug. Rita
Rita, I'm considering starting up an Alaska travel consultation side business for those too nimble and adventurous for a cruise and too busy to do the research themselves. Wanna be my first client?? Ha!
Muah
Post a Comment