It's 1:14am the night before we leave, and I can't sleep. I'm excited about so many things on this trip that I can't even catch a few Zzzzz before a full day of flying--Raleigh to Chicago to Seattle to Ketchikan to Juneau. Are we there yet?
I couldn't ask for a better group of students and former students to join me on this once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Jake is the joker, always ready with a crack and usually at my expense. Josh is the closeted adrenaline junkie. I want to see him wrestle the bear like Teddy promised. Jen is the rational one who soaks up everything around her. Leigh is our Carolina girl and honorary HPU student. She finds beauty and value in everything she sees. And Alex, he's the quiet force in the room, quick with a smile. I just hope he doesn't break another bone while we're gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
OK, I'll leave the first comment... I guess my invitation got lost in the mail? What a great trip! Not at all like the leisurely float down the Dan last weekend. I'm looking forward to lots of photos and stories. Have a great (and safe... I get paid to tell people that) time!
Hi Kelly and group -
Looks like I'm the first to comment!
You are on your way to the great adventure - boy how I wish I was with you.
Kelly - I hope that your pack got adjusted just right!
Have fun and I look forward to seeing and hearing about your adventures.
Doc Bell
I have friends in Alaska... in Tok.. let me know if you are passing through there! They work at a hotel and you would definitely see them if you go through there! :)
Hey, Kel! Great Blog beginning! I'm new at this, too, so I hope you get this!
Have a grand time! I'm sure you are winging your way as I type, but wanted to say HI!
Enjoy your marvelous adventure! I'll be anxious to see pics and read about your journey.
I send abundant prayers for safe travel, amazing sights, and unforgettable memories! Hurry back to The TBird so we can all live vicariously through your travels!
Love and HUGs,
MthrO
Hey, Kel!
Great opening for your Blog! Just wanted to say HI and bid you God's Speed in your travels.
What an amazing adventure you and your students are on. Travel Safe and know that you are loved! Will be watching and waiting for updates on your journey.
Sending abundant HUGs and love.... your Tiki friends will be watching.
lovyou!
MthrO
Good Luck Guys
Have a great trip and be safe in your journey!
Kim, Sydney, & Darby
Kel,
sent the blog address to Colby so you might also hear from him. have a great time and yes you made the right decision on backtracking from the momma bear.
sioux
Hi Leigh; We are following you each day of your trip. We were in the same area in 1989 on a cruise and are recalling many fond memories as we lool at our scrapbook. Papa-S
Post a Comment